Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ATTHECROSS - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ATTHECROSS > Topics

Subject: THE HOLY HELPER
Replies: 26 Views: 2779

endtime 2.06.08 - 07:39am
There is much ignorance about the Holy Spirit today. We should recognise, aknowledge, appreciate, esteem and honour Him. In order to do that, we must know Him. Who is the Holy Spirit? Let us consider one description of the Holy Spirit:

John 14:16,17 - And I will pray the Father, and He will give you ANOTHER HELPER, that He may abide with you forever - THE SPIRIT of truth, WHOM THE WORLD CANNOT receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him, but YOU KNOW HIM, for He DWELLS WITH you and will be IN YOU. *

endtime 2.06.08 - 07:49am
- HELPER, COMFORTER (v16) - Greek - parakletos (from para = beside and kaleo = call) = literally ONE CALLED ALONGSIDE, AN ADVOCATE. (Comforter, Helper, Strengthener, Standby, Intercessor, Advocate, One called alongside to help or plead your case)

ANOTHER (v16) - Greek - ALLOS = another besides, another in succesion or another one of the same kind or quality. (read 2 Cor. 11:4, Gal 1:6,7)

DWELLS (v17) - Greek - MENO = to remain or staz permanently. He will remain or abide WITH us, but also IN us. *

endtime 2.06.08 - 07:59am
Why is the HOLY SPIRIT called our Helper? BECAUSE WE NEED HELP! (read Zech 4:1-9) note the words of God in v6,

Not by might (military might), nor by power (personal power), but by MY SPIRIT, says the Lord of HOSTS. *

endtime 2.06.08 - 08:05am
Reasons why we need this Holy Helper:

1)WE CANNOT PROFESS CHRIST INITIALLY WITHOUT THE SPIRIT.

We need the Spirit. We cannot even acknowledge the lordship of Jesus without the Holy Spirit.

1 Cor 12:3

...no one can SAY THAT JESUS IS LORD except by the HOLY SPIRIT.

endtime 2.06.08 - 08:14am
* The Spirit preserves people in a state of savebility (John 4:35)

* The Spirit makes people aware of sin and the need for a Saviour (John 16:8-11, Gen. 6:3)

* The Spirit creates a consciousness of God (Rom 1:19) and a hunger after Him, drawing people to the Father.

* People cannot even repent unless God helps them (Lam. 5:21)

* The Spirit is the Agent executing the new birth (Titus 3:5, John 20:22, 3:5,6) *

endtime 2.06.08 - 08:22am
* The Spirit baptizes the repentant sinner into the Body of Christ (1Cor 12:13)

* The Spirit witnesses with our spirit that we are God's children (Rom 8:16)

* The Spirit is God's seal confirming that we belong to God (Eph 1:13,14; 2Cor 1:21,22; 1John 4:13)

* So, the Spirit enables us to confess Jesus (1John 4:2) *

endtime 2.06.08 - 08:32am
2) WE CANNOT BE PURIFIED ACCEPTABLY WITHOUT THE SPIRIT

He is the HOLY Spirit. After we are saved, He will use God's inspired Word as the cleansing agent to purify us: John 17:17

SANCTIFY them by Your truth. Your WORD is truth. read also 1 Cor 6:11; Ps 51:10-12 *

endtime 2.06.08 - 08:44am
3) WE CANNOT PROGRESS SPIRITUALLY WITHOUT THE SPIRIT

We cannot grow to maturity without the Holy Spirit. As we grow spiritually, He will share deeper revelations to us: John 16:12,13

I still have many things to say to you, but YOU CANNOT BEAR THEM NOW. However, when He, THE SPIRIT of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth.. read also Mark 4:33 *

endtime 2.06.08 - 08:55am
4)WE CANNOT PRODUCE SPIRITUAL FRUIT ACTIVELY WITHOUT THE SPIRIT

John 15:4

Abide (stay joined) in Me, and I in you. (will stay joined to you.) As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in Me. (Just as a branch cannot produce fruit unless it stays joined to the vine, you CANNOT produce fruit unless YOU STAY JOINED TO ME) *

endtime 2.06.08 - 09:04am
The fruit of the Spirit is the result of the operation of the Holy Spirit in our lives. It is a manifestation of God's life in and through us. (Gal 5:25)

5) WE CANNOT PERCEIVE THE TRUTH CORRECTLY WITHOUT THE SPIRIT.

* We cannot know the truth of the Word unless the Holy Spirit guides us into all truth. John 16:13

However, when He, THE SPIRIT of truth, has come, He will GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. *

endtime 2.06.08 - 09:11am
* He will guide us with practical wisdom.
John 14:26

But when the Father sends THE COUNSELLOR as My representative - and by the Counsellor I mean the Holy Spirit - He will TEACH YOU EVERYTHING.. Read also 1 John 2:20,27; Cor 2:12-16 *

endtime 2.06.08 - 09:13am
WE CANNOT PRAY PROPERLY WITHOUT THE SPIRIT

We do not have access to God without the Holy Spirit.
John 16:23

And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ASK THE FATHER IN MY NAME He will give to you.

We should pray the Father in the name of Jesus, but how do we approach the Father?
Eph 2:18

[i]For it is through Him, (Jesus) that we both, whether far off or near, now HAVE AN INTRODUCTION ACCESS by one Holy Spirit to the Father so that we are able to approach Him.
When we do not know how to pray, the Holy Spirit, our intercessor, will help us. Read ROM. 8:26, 1COR. 14:2, EPH 6:18 *

endtime 7.06.08 - 06:05pm
WE CANNOT PRAISE GOD APPROPRIATELY WITHOUT THE SPIRIT

We cannot worship properly, in Spirit and Truth, without the Holy Spirit.
John 4:24

God is SPIRIT, and those who worship Him must WORSHIP in Spirit and Truth. *

endtime 7.06.08 - 06:11pm
John 16:13,14

..when He, THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak..v14 He will GLORIFY Me... *

endtime 7.06.08 - 06:20pm
WE CANNOT PROCLAIM OUR TESTIMONY EFFECTIVELY WITHOUT THE SPIRIT

We cannot witness as we should without the Holy Spirit's power. John 15:26,27

I will send you the Spirit who comes from the Father and shows you what is true. THE SPIRIT will HELP YOU AND WILL TELL YOU ABOUT ME. Then you will also tell others about Me.. Read Acts 1:8 and 1JOHN 5:6-10 *

endtime 7.06.08 - 06:40pm
WE CANNOT PREACH POWERFULLY WITHOUT THE SPIRIT

We cannot preach as we should without the Holy Spirit's power. Refer again to JOHN 15:26,27 and read 1 COR 2:4,5 *

endtime 7.06.08 - 06:46pm
WE CANNOT BE PLACED PURPOSELY IN MINISTRY WITHOUT THE SPIRIT

We cannot be placed in the function and position that God purposed for us without the Holy Spirit's commisioning.
John 15:16

You did not choose Me, but I CHOSE YOU and APPOINTED YOU that you should go and bear fruit.. Read also Acts 13:2,4 *

endtime 7.06.08 - 06:59pm
WE CANNOT PASTOR COMPETENTLY WITHOUT THE SPIRIT

We need the Spirit's ability to minister to the needs of the people and take care of the flock.
John 10:11,12

I am the good Shepherd. The GOOD SHEPHERD GIVES HIS LIFE FOR HIS SHEEP, but a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees.. Read Acts 20:28 *

endtime 7.06.08 - 07:17pm
WE CANNOT PERFORMEFFICIENTLY WITHOUT THE SPIRIT

The Holy Spirip is our strengthner. Jesus needed the baptism in the Holy Spirit (John 1:32, 33 and Luke 4:14, and so do we. John 7:38, 39
We cannot function as we should without the Spirit's power (1Cor 12:11)

Do not despise His gifts or even forbid His gifts to operate (1Thes 5:19,20; 1 Cor 14:39)

He respects our will. He will not force us - we need to yield to Him.

We should be fervent in spirit. (Acts 18:25, Rom12:11, James 5:16) *

endtime 7.06.08 - 09:38pm
WE CANNOT PROSPER FULLY WITHOUT THE SPIRIT

We cannot have our rightful inheritance without our Advocate, the Holy Spirit.
John 16:15

Everything that the Father has is Mine. That is what i meant when i said that He, THE SPIRIT will take (draw upon) the things that are Mine and will reveal, declare, disclose, TRANSMIT it to you. *

endtime 7.06.08 - 09:55pm
WE CANNOT PRACTICE GOD'S PRESENCE INTIMATELY WITHOUT THE SPIRIT

The Holy Spirit is our Comforter assuring us with the security of God's presence.
John 14:16,17

And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another HELPER, that He may ABIDE WITH YOU forever - the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive. because it neither sees Him nor knows Him, but you KNOW Him, for He DWELLS WITH YOU and will be IN YOU. *

endtime 7.06.08 - 10:02pm
The Holy Spirit is indispensable. You cannot do without Him! Personal notes: Pastor Mark Hodgetts http://www.littlefallsonline.com www.littlefallsonline.com *

jidat 7.06.08 - 10:07pm
amien, He is smooth like ur heart talks 2 u.. His voice is make a peace, wisdom, n always teach us not punish.. remembering all the times abt Gods word..! *

rider13 8.06.08 - 05:08am
And when we surrender to God the filling of the Holy Spirit is awesome! Thank you sis for this great article, it blessed me so much!mwah.GIF *

rider13 8.06.08 - 03:02pm
Some things deserve to be read again and again. Thats just what I did here and got even more insight and blessings! Members I pray you take the time to read and study whats posted here! Its truly awesome! clap3.GIF *

drromana 8.06.08 - 10:51pm
it is awesome sis rider. the Holy Spirit is a great helper. *

* ATTHECROSS Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ATTHECROSS

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits